ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT is one of the most common errors present in Google Chrome. It means the server is taking more time to respond to your request. As a result, it unable to load a page. Now let us see how to fix err_connection_timed_out.
How to fix err_connection_timed_out?
First of all, You must ensure these two things:
1. The server which you want to open exists.
2. Secondly, Your internet connection is working properly.
Now let us see the different types of methods to fix the above problem.
- Clear Chrome browsing data
- Check Windows Hosts File
- Adjust LAN Settings
- Flush DNS and renew IP Address
- Update your Network adapters driver
Clear Chrome browsing data
In general, your Chrome browser may save all browsing data like cookies, app data, cache files, etc. which may cause an Err_Connection_Timed_Out error. So, we have to delete the browsing data from Chrome browser.
- First, you can go to the Settings option by clicking on the More icon present at the top-right of Chrome.
- Now you can scroll down and then Click on the Show Advanced Settings.
- Now you have to click on the Clear browsing data under Privacy.
- Here you can choose the beginning of time as a time period from the drop-down menu and put a tick on all items and then click on the Clear browsing data.
Check Windows Hosts File
If there is an IP address and the website URL added to the block in the host file, then it might cause some other websites to be blocked.So, we have to check Windows Hosts File.
- You have to run Notepad as administrator and when the prompt is shown by UAC, You can click Yes to continue.
- Select the File menu present at the top-left of the Notepad window and then click on the Open.
- Now you can select All Types from the drop-down menu present at the bottom right and then double click on hosts.
- Here you have to check if there is any website address or IP address present after the last # sign.
If yes, then delete all of them and save the changes.
Also, Read about How to fix err_cache_miss
Adjust LAN Settings
At sometimes our internet settings have been changed by the virus, So we have to adjust it back to solve the ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT problem.
- First, you have to open Control Panel and then click on the Internet Options for choosing View by Large icons.
- Now you can click on the LAN settings present in the Connections pane.
- You have to make sure that all the items are unticked, then proceed to OK.
Flush DNS and renew IP address
The ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT can also be related to the DNS and IP, so we should flush DNS and renew IP address.
- First, You have to press Win + R to open the Run command box and then type cmd into the box and click on the OK.
- Now the Command Prompt window is displayed on a screen.
In the command prompt window, you have to do the below step carefully.
1. First, you can type ipconfig /flushdns and then press Enter.
2. Now you can enter ipconfig /registerdns then press Enter.
3. Now enter ipconfig /release then press Enter.
4. Please enter ipconfig /renew then hit Enter.
5. Now enter netsh winsock reset then press Enter.
Once you have done, close the command prompt window and then restart your PC to make changes take effect.