Kodi is one of the most popular and reliable platforms, because of its compatibility with a wide variety of devices. It’s quite annoying to get errors when we try to install our favorite add-on. In general, we can take any top-rated application, there will be some minute flaws. Similarly, you may encounter some issues or error in Kodi. Failed to install a dependency is one of the most common error that will prevent you from installing an add-on. When you get kodi failed to install a dependency error can be easily resolved. There are different methods to resolve this error. Before going to that, let’s see a brief note about Dependency files.
Dependencies are third-party services. To be more precise, Dependencies are supporting files that usually run in the background while you use an add-on. Only few add-ons in Kodi work on their own content. Most of the complex add-ons depend on these for web scraping. Now you will have an idea why you get Failed to Install a Dependency error.
Let us see the possible solution to fix Failed to Install a Dependency error in Kodi.
Possible solutions to fix Failed to Install a dependency in Kodi
We have two solutions for this problem.
- Deleting the database files.
- Install dependencies manually.
In most of the cases, you can resolve failed to install a dependency error using the above two methods. if in case it doesn’t work we can try the alternative solutions too.
Method 1: Deleting the Database files
When you database files get corrupted, you will encounter Failed to install a dependency error. To get rid of it follow the steps below.
- Select the settings icon at the top left in homepage.
- Open the file manager.
- Select the Profile directory from the left side.
- Click Database.
- Search for Addon27.db file, right click on it and select Delete.
- Go back to the home page and exit Kodi application.
- Wait for some time and relaunch Kodi again, now try to install some add-on.
Method 2: Install Dependency file manually
TVAddon Repository is the most popular repo which will help you to install Kodi dependencies. Follow the steps below to install TVAddon Repository.
- Select the Settings icon at the top left of the homepage.
- Open the file manager.
- Select Add source on the left side.
- Add source file tab will pop-up, select ‘none‘.
- Type the exact URL: http://fusion.tvaddons.co/ and select OK.
- Enter a source file name and select OK.
- Go back to the homepage, Select Add-ons.
- Select the package installer icon at the top left corner.
- Select Install from zip file.
- Search for the source file name you have entered and select it.
- you will find three files, Open Kodi-repos.
- then select english.
- Now you will get a list of zip files, search for ‘repository.xbmchug-3.0.0zip‘ and select it.
It’s not completed, you need to install some other zips files too.
- Go back to the homepage, Select Add-ons >> Package installer icon>> Install from zip file.
- Now Select Kodi-scripts, it will contain two zip files.
- you have to install both ( Follow the same steps for installation).
Method 3: Clear Cache
Sometimes clearing cache may help you to fix Failed to Install a dependency error. It is an easy and better alternative to clear cache rather than clearing entire data. It is better option to use a Kodi Wizard to clear cache, as most of the wizards have maintenance section which will help you to clear cache.
If you don’t have a Kodi Wizard, first install it. It will takes a few minutes, then you can fix the error easily. After clearing cache, try to install Add-ons.
Method 4: Re-Install Kodi
This is another alternative method to fix Failed to install a dependency. It’s a good option because, when you re-install kodi most of the issues will be fixed easily. If you install a build, it will set-up all the best Kodi addon with one click. Build installation prevents you from installing Addons individually.